Thursday, August 25, 2011

Music I listen to

I will post these once in a while, they are going to be about artists and albums i listen to.  Not only listen to though, it's going to be about music that holds up after a minimum of 15 years.  Albums in their entirety too, not just a song or two, no, i mean a full album that after 15 years i can still listen to that still holds, i'm talking quality.  Up first...



ALBUM:               THE DOORS

YEAR:                1967

ARTIST:              THE DOORS


I was introduced to The Doors in 94’ by a friend of one of my older brothers.  It came at the perfect time, I was just starting to find my own music and not just listening to whatever my brother was listening to.  I’m not going to say it blew me away the first time, but there was definitely something in the music, a vibe, a feeling of more, more, MORE!  It’s hard to explain, but at best I can say that the combination of his words, how blunt they were and the thought of how they were received at that time.  Then finding out how much history the band had, Jim Morrison specially, I was intrigued and continued to find more of their music.  Needless to say I was hooked and have been since.  The Doors aren’t for everyone, you have to have a certain taste for it.  But the imagery they provide through their music and words for me at least transcends time, I will be listening to them in my death bed I imagine.


Lyrics that sums up album:

Hey, all you people that tryin' to sleep
I'm out to make it with my midnight dream


If I had to pick a song:

END OF THE NIGHT



Because it introduced me to William Blake, one of my top 5 favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Sup.....