Thursday, September 29, 2011

Another album i've been listening to for over 15 years


ALBUM:               WILDFLOWERS

YEAR:                   1994

ARTIST:                TOM PETTY

I started listening to Tom Petty around 92', right around the time gangsta rap just wasn't doing it for me anymore.  Mary Jane's Last Dance to this day is one of the greatest songs i think, but that was released with the greatest hits, i don't think that counts as an album.  The album that followed was Wildflowers, i remember listening to it and almost forcing myself to like just because of the build up.  It started with a few songs that struck a chord inside me, slowly every song was speaking to me separately.  There was a frankness in his voice, almost like all those things were true, these were definitely the words of a man who had been around.  I'm not saying i'm old, but fuck if i don't feel like i was born in the wrong decade, i've got an old soul and this man was talking to me like we were old buddies and these were some of the adventures we had been on.  You know that scene where you're sitting on the porch with a friend you've known a while and just reminiscing about the good old days?  That was me and Tom Petty with Wildflowers, to this day it's always accessible for me and i listen to it on those days when i have to remember where i am and how i got here. 
Lyrics that sums up the album:

Time to move on, time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, it's time to get going

If I had to pick a song:

IT'S GOOD TO BE KING


No comments:

Post a Comment

'Sup.....