Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jerry's Calendar

My buddy sent me this article and, at the risk of seeming unoriginal, I will give it a try.  To keep to it, every week I will post a picture of what my progress is.  For those who didn’t click the link let me summarize.  Jerry Seinfeld gave a young comic advice on how to be a better comic.  Comic, you may ask?  Yes, for that person, but really it’s for anyone who wants to improve their art.  For him it was writing, Jerry is a writer before he’s a comic.  His secret to productivity is basic - write every day.  Easy you think, right?  Well, think about it, do you really practice your art every day?  His technique to follow up on that was having a large calendar on which he marked everyday that he wrote something.  

"After a few days you'll have a chain. Just keep at it and the chain will grow longer every day. You'll like seeing that chain, especially when you get a few weeks under your belt. Your only job next is to not break the chain." 
That way when the day comes and you need something to present you’ll have plenty of stuff you can go back to as opposed to trying to write it all in one night.  Simple, yet brilliant.  So starting today, with this posting, I am starting my chain.  I’ll keep you guys posted with my weekly entry.

 (Well i started Monday, just so that the calendar would have something in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Sup.....