Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's the end of the world

It’s the end of the world, but no one at Morongo knows it, or cares, most of these old farts have been expecting it, waiting for it or praying to see it in their lifetime, my mother included, though I doubt she ever waited for it, she’s got too much energy to be sitting around for death, or the apocalypse, right now her concentration lies on the 5cent slot machine with the American Bandstand theme to it, just like the roulette table did just an hour ago, god love her, I hate gambling but I like trying new things, the roulette table was the primary reason to come out here, but seeing her excitement fuels me like nothing else right now, I tried the roulette table too don’t get me wrong, but in the process of teaching her how to play I lost my $20, she on the other hand turned $5 into $50, another interesting thing, well that I found interesting, is that she doesn’t know how to play most of these slot machines, but I am with her, at her back or her side to make sure she understands, and even now as I watch her turn 5cents into $101 at the slot machine I can’t help but smile at how beautiful she looks happy, I know I wont have her forever, I’ll be lucky if she’s there another 20, I’ll take what I can get, but at this moment nothing matters, the world could be ending, but here at Morongo nobody knows it or cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Sup.....